Wednesday, May 29, 2019

batch file - Limit the installation patches from WSUS for Windows Update

We have multiple WSUS Servers, but for the example we will only be focused on one WSUS server.


Here is the situation :



  • I have multiple Windows Update patches to be downloaded and installed on almost 1000 machines.

  • On certain machines there are more than 250 Windows Update patches that haven't been downloaded or installed.


  • if we push (download and install) them in a row (on a single machines) we have some trouble sometimes and all the patches are uninstalled, so we need to redownload all the patches and reinstall these 30 patches by 30 patches to make sure that they are being installed correctly.



I wanted to create a .bat or .vbs script (I need to execute it on Windows XP machines too) to stop the installation process when the Windows Update is at 30 patches, because actually I'm doing this manually and I can't find what I was looking for.


Manually stop installation:


manually stop installation

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...