Sunday, May 19, 2019

user accounts - robocopy ERROR 1314 (0x00000522) on Windows 7 Home Premium

I'm using a robocopy script with the switches /COPYALL and /B on my Windows 7 Home Premium PC to backup files to a NAS and I'm getting the error message:



ERROR 1314 (0x00000522) Copying NTFS Security to Destination File (file-location/name) required privilege is not held by the client.



I think it is something to do with account privileges in Windows 7 Home Premium - I read somewhere you need to add the account to the Backup Operators group - but that is for the Server OS.


How can I overcome this problem without upgrading to Windows 7 Pro?


Note: The other Win 7 computer on the network which is Pro does not have this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...