Monday, May 13, 2019

Disabling Microsoft Word's Formatting Pop-Up

When one selects text in Microsoft Word, a small box pops up containing a font drop-down, bold/italic/underline buttons, and a small number of other formatting tools from the Home tab. The box only disappears when the cursor is moved away from it. How do I stop this box from appearing? I personally never use the box; it just gets in the way whenever I want to reread the text I've just selected.


enter image description here


An example of this dialog box impeding the text. Come to think of it, I would find it useful to get rid of the "paste/(Ctrl)" drop-down as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...