Monday, May 27, 2019

Excel Conditional formatting over multiple rows

I have an Excel spreadsheet with 480 columns and 1451 rows. I need to find the highest value in each row. I understand how to use the conditional formatting tool to find the highest value within a range. However, I don't understand how to apply that same rule to each row. As you can imagine, it's a little impractical to create a new rule for each of the 1451 rows. Likewise, I can't state the range as the worksheet as I'm looking for one value per row. I can't highlight the column, as the highest value is likely to be in different columns in each row.




On another post, someone had suggested dragging the corner of the selection in much the same way as you would to "fill" an area, obviously, changing the fill settings to formatting only. However, when I try that, all it seems to do is delete my conditional formatting. What am I doing wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...