Friday, May 17, 2019

windows 7 change default behavior from sleep to hibernate



I'm running Windows 7 Pro with an Intel 520 SSD. The drive is encrypted and that's a great security feature: no HD password on boot-up = good luck crack a 256-bit encrypted SSD.



I set the default action to hibernate when I press the power button so that when the computer wakes up, it asks for the HD password. However, if the OS goes in Sleep mode, the HD password is not required when the computer awakes again. The problem is that if the computer goes idle for a few minutes, it goes to sleep instead of hibernate. I looked around but couldn't find a way to change this behavior; seem the hibernate option isn't part of the options!



After X minutes, how do I make the computer Hibernate instead of Sleep?




Thanks.



enter image description here


Answer



Click "change advanced power settings" at the bottom of that screen. there should be an option there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...