Thursday, May 9, 2019

windows 10 - New SSD reading correct size in Disk Management, but not File Manager?

I am on a Windows 10 machine with Intel hardware and I used Clonezilla to clone my old HDD (250GB) to a new SSD (1TB) and in the process. I told it to restructure the partition table so that it used the full disk.



Initially, I had a signature collision and following the instructions given in another thread, I changed the drive signature to bring the old hard disk drive online.




Currently, I have access to all the drives and that's great! But when I look at the C: drive in File Manager, it still has the old size. (250GB, though actually 231GB)



When I go to Disk Management, however, it tells me that my C: drive is 948.66 GB.



So it seems as though Windows hasn't gotten the message that storage has been expanded.



How do I fix this?



EDIT: To fix the signature collision, I went into diskpart and changed the uniqueid there.




EDIT2: Fixed with the suggestion here: https://superuser.com/a/1204267/1057738

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...