Friday, May 17, 2019

macos - Executing an ATA Secure Erase command to SSDs on OS X

Is there a way to securely erase an SSD (I'm working with Crucial M500) from OS X? I'm not interested in zeroing the drive. What I need is the ATA Secure Erase which basically erases all data on the drive in a matter of seconds. I have looked and found that it's possible in Windows, but can't seem to find away in OS X.


(This post says it's not possible, but it was from 2011, so hopefully things might have changed since then How to use ATA security on a hard disk in practice? )

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...