Monday, May 27, 2019

Windows 10 won't boot after moving EFI partition

On dualboot, I had two EFI partitions on two drives.
One drive with EFI partition for GNU/Linux, second drive and EFI partition for Windows.



I moved Windows boot files from second EFI partition to first one.



Then, I deleted the second EFI partition.

Windows starts booting, and ends up in BSOD.




Error: IO1 INITIALIZATION FAILED




I tried to "recover boot" from Windows installation media but it does not make it boot correctly.



What else can I do besides reinstalling?




Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...