Thursday, May 9, 2019

Windows 8.1 takes two minutes to open This PC or File Explorer - very slow

When I attempt to open "This PC" or anything using windows file explorer it opens a white window and minutes later it's usable. I've already tried running sfc/scannow as an admin, and it didn't find anything wrong. What should I do about this? This is a clean, fresh 8.1 install. Everything else is flawless.


edit: I've discovered that I have a lot of Windows updates to download - that's probably the issue. However I can't seem to download any of them. When I get it going it says "Downloading 74 Updates," but "0 KB total, 0% complete" for as long as I let it run. Anyone have experience with a non-updating Windows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...