Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Is there a rule to join lines based on a rule notepad++

I have a notepad++ file containing tens of thousands of lines.



Each entry in my import program must have each field separated by a delimiter. When bringing the information over into notepad++ I have an issue where it detects carriage returns from excel and places them into the text which the import program won't read.




I am positive that each row has fields separated by commas, these fields have no character limit, and the only field that is a constant is the first field (date).



Each line in notepad++ needs to look like this



Date,A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z,AA,AB,AC,AD,AE,AF



However, something in the copy paste over is causing these fields to insert carriage returns



I.e. Date, A,




B, C, D,



E, F,
G,
H, I, J etc.



Unfortunately there is not a line that is always affected in each case.



Is there anyway, rule, that will draw each of these up so that all lines that start with a date will be joined with the lines below it until there occurs another date?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...