Friday, May 10, 2019

boot - Remove/reset EFI/BIOS/firmware password

I set up a UEFI password on my new PC. I decided to remove it and in order to do that I booted in UEFI settings. Clicked on reset administrator password. I've put the old password and nothing on the new password and confirmation. Save.



Expected behaviour: At startup the system no longer prompts for password



Actual behaviour: I'm still prompted for a password before windows boot, I tried the old password and pressing enter with no password at all. I can't boot and I can't access UEFI settings anymore. I tried booting from a Debian liveUSB and also a Windows 10 Recovery USB but that's not working

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...