Saturday, May 18, 2019

Excel Pivot table: Change the Number format of Column label(Date) to "dddd"


I have a pivot table with certain columns based on dates. So the column labels are in dates(image below). Excel automatically formats these dates to "dd.mmm" but I would like to just see them as weekdays ("dddd"). I've tried changing the number format of the date field in the field settings.


Pivot table


Answer



I'm not sure if I missed this feature earlier or if its a newly added feature, but it looks like we can change the Number format of the Column Labels in a pivot Table.


You can follow the following Steps (Screen-shot below):



  1. Right Click on the Field in the Columns Section

  2. Click on Value Field Settings.

  3. Click "Number Format" to open the formatting window.

  4. Go to "Date" Category to chose from an existing Category

  5. or Go to "Custom" Category to customize the format like below screen-shot.

  6. Edit the custom Format in the "Type" field and preview the sample (a)


Steps to follow to edit the Number format of a pivot table Column Label:


Steps


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...