Sunday, May 19, 2019

Powershell Script to move and rename Files

Disclaimer: I have zero understanding of Powershell. Initially I was going to do this in Java, then decided to do a scheduled task instead, (Executing a PoSh script.)


This is what I have:


$ArmA2OA = Get-Process ArmA2OA - ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
$ChkFile = "C:\Users\Mark27\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\ArmA2OA.rpt"
$FileExists = Test-Path $ChkFile
$currentDate = get-date -uformat "%Y-%m-%d@%H-%M-%S"
if(-Not($ArmA2OA)){
if($FileExists){
move-item "C:\Users\Mark27\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\ArmA2OA.rpt" ("C:\Users\Mark27\Desktop\A2OA\{0:yyyyMMdd}.rpt" -f (get-date))
}
else{break}
}
else{break}

What it's supposed to be doing: If the Process A2OA.exe isn't running, check to see if a file ArmA2OA.rpt exists in the directory C:\Users\Mark27\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\. If that is true, then copy and rename the file using current timestamp and send it to C:\Users\Mark27\Desktop\A2OA


If the file doesn't exist, or the process is running, abort.


I've been through a number of questions similar to this, but haven't found my solution. The directory, and file name I'm looking for will always be the same. (This script will be set to execute every 10-15 minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...