Sunday, May 12, 2019

windows 7 - SanDisk CruzerEdge USB stick showing 0 bytes capacity

I have a 16GB stick which is recognised on my Win 10 laptop, and on an OSx iMac. I have formated it on both of them.
When I plug it into my Win 7 desktop it reports a capacity of 0 bytes and cannot be formated. I cannot access the stick from the command line (although it is given a drive letter) or change its attributes. Other USB sticks and devices work just fine (if with a curious delay before showing up in Explorer).


I have read the advice here but the link is long dead.


Any advice?


After the suggestion of running sg_readcap I had the following results:



read capacity (10): transport: The device is not attatched


READ CAPACITY (10) failed: Sense category: -1, try '-v' option for more information



With -v:



read capacity(10) cdb: 25 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00


Windows DeviceIoControl error=1167


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...