Thursday, May 30, 2019

How to change the icon associated with a particular file format (and only that file format) on Windows 10?

Currently I have associated various text file formats (.md, .txt, .taskpaper) to be opened by sublime text. This results in ALL of them being assigned the SAME icon file, namely the sublime text icon.




How can I get each file format to have its own unique icon file (supplied by me)?





Change the icon associated with one of the file types using FileManType by Nirsoft. The Result: it changes the icon for ALL of the file types that sublime opens (not what I wanted)





Now I tried to get clever...





  • (1) created a shortcut of the sublime exe for each file format

  • (2) gave each shortcut its own unique icon, which the shortcut accepted

  • (3) set the program that (say) .md files opened with to its own special shortcut etc...



This time it just ignored the icons contained in the shortcuts and remained with the sublime icon



Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...