Sunday, May 26, 2019

Batch script to mass rename by modify date

I'm trying to make a batch script to mass rename files by modify date and time of each file. I'm new at this and searching since this morning and nothing lead me in the good way. SHould I use xcopy, robocopy, powershell ? Is there a place for batch scripting with examples ?



I'm also wondering if It's possible to make a drag&drop script (I take files with my mouse and drop them on the script to be processed). It works when I drag&drop a single file on a .bat script but I don't know for multiple files.



Thank you for your help.




NB : I can't use mass renamer softwares because I'll use this script very often and I would like to automate the processing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...