Friday, May 17, 2019

Removed password from Windows 7, now I cannot login using Remote Desktop


I removed the password from the only account on my Windows 7 computer and now I get the following message when I try to log in. "Possible reasons are blank passwords not allowed".


enter image description here


I did some research and found out what I should have done (disable the policy to allow blank passwords) but now I'm already logged out and cannot get back in.


Does anyone have any suggestions?


Update
Thanks for all the answers. I actually think the reason I couldn't login with blank password was because I was logging in with Remote Desktop. I had no idea that made a difference, so didn't think it would be relevant to mention. When I went directly on the physical computer, it did not stop me from logging in without a password.


Answer



Thankyou for all your great answers, that might have also worked fine for my problem and for others finding this page.


In my case, the problem was related to the fact that I was trying to log in from Remote Desktop. I had no idea this made any difference. When I logged in on the physical machine, there was no problem with logging in on the account that did not have a password.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...