Tuesday, January 9, 2018

windows 7 - Vga on new monitor not working with rig

Have built a new rig and got new monitor...




Here's the specs of the rig:



http://pastebin.com/4B6gBpRk



Basically the monitor has one hdmi and one vga input at the back. I know the vga input on the monitor works because it works when I connect a laptop to it. However, when i try to use my gtx680 as the source (dvi to vga adapter) the monitor just shows a black screen.



I know the vga cable works and the dvi adapter does too as I can hook the rig up to my tv and it works over vga no problem.



Any ideas what I can do? I need to use vga not hdmi as I cannot access the UEFI over hdmi.




Thanks for help, I need to find out quite fast only have 4 days left to return the monitor if it is somehow incompatible with my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...