Friday, January 26, 2018

Can I use the Windows 10 command prompt to recover some files?

I'm currently working on a PC that's got a virus. Neither Windows' GUI loads, nor safe mode. None of the repair options work either.


I was wondering if I could use the command line to move the clients' photos and media to an external HD.


I have full access to the command line but nothing else.


I have to do a factory restore, but my client only wants their photos. Or is there a third-party program to recover them after a factory reset?


There are no restore points either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...