Sunday, January 14, 2018

Diagnosing Windows 10 high system memory usage

I found this question, the answer to which explains how to determine which driver is causing a memory leak in Windows 10. I cannot figure out the problem on my system, however, so I'm looking for additional assistance.


Here's the result of running poolmon -b, then p, then b:


poolmon result


Running findstr on Cont returns a file with 3,500 instances of "Cont", so that's not helpful. The same with smNp only shows a problem with rdyboost.sys, which I'm sure wouldn't be causing problems.


I ran the given xperf command, but the result in WPA.exe is complete gibberish to me:


WPA.exe result


It seems that the AIFO section only accounts for 0.666MB of the memory, whereas System is currently using ~700MB.


How can I properly troubleshoot the driver that's causing the problem?


As requested, here is a screenshot of Task Manager right now.


Task Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...