Saturday, January 20, 2018

windows 10 - Why is my "Committed" memory so much higher than my actual RAM space?

http://i.imgur.com/cilRmfD.png




I have run two virus scans and neither of them have found anything so far (Malware Bytes and Avira Rescue). During gaming I will get Windows popups saying that my system is low of memory and recommends closing the game. This can also happen while browsing. My computer seems to become sluggish a lot and will hang up often, such as when clicking a link from a messenger program to open in my browser.



I am unsure what is causing this. My memory usage on the processes tab doesn't add up to such a high percentage of my actual memory.






As a side note, is my Disk Usage supposed to spike up to 100% sometimes? Research seems to say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...