Tuesday, January 30, 2018

How to import/export VPN settings in Windows 7?


I have a VPN connection configured on my Windows 7 PC, and I'd like to export these settings to another computer.


I could simply tell the other user which settings to use, but I don't want to share my password. Ideally, I would just go on the other computer, set everything up, check the "Remember password" box and voilĂ .


This way, the other user would be able to use the VPN connection, without knowing the password. Unfortunately, the other user is pretty far (another country), so doing things in person is not an option.


Is there a way I could do this ?


I'm using Windows 7 built-in VPN client, but am open to using any (free) alternative if it could solve my problem.


Answer



Personally, I think that connecting to his computer using some sort of remote desktop solution will serve your purpose the best.


All you need to do, is setup a remote connection between the two systems, connect to his desktop and configure his connection as if you were right there next to him.


Personally I find that the FREE version of LogMeIn is excellent and works wonders around firewalls and deep NAT networks.


Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...