Tuesday, January 16, 2018

virtualization - How can I grab license-key from my pre-installed OS and use it to activate a virtual machine?

So I'm having problems virtualizing my preinstalled OS (yes it came already installed in this laptop), and I'm thinking of giving up: just starting the virtual machine from scratch, installing Windows8 from a CD from a friend.



If I were to do this, how can I grab license from my pre-installed OS and use it to activate a virtual machine? (If I didn't try to do this, I would be using the license of my friend, which would not be legal/feasible I guess.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...