Wednesday, January 10, 2018

keyboard - How can I remap function keys while ensuring that they retain their original functions?

I would like to remap certain keys but ensure that they still retain their original functions with modifiers.


For example, I want to remap F4 to mute, but I want ALT+F4 to still close applications. Is this possible?


I am currently using KeyTweak, but after remapping F4 to mute, even ALT+F4 just mutes volume.


Edit: I'm running a PC with Windows 10 home. I have full admin rights.


EDIT (9 months later):


I have recently purchased a laptop with a rather small keyboard. I don't have home or end keys. I'd like to remap the keyboard in the following manner:



  • [ and ] retain their original functions.

  • shift + [ or] enter curly brackets as they're supposed to.

  • alt + [ or ] work as home and end respectively.


I have been unable to find any solutions on the internet. If the solution is to run some sort of a script in the background, it must not be too resource intensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...