Wednesday, January 17, 2018

hard drive - Why some disk work is hidden Windows 10

I have question about Windows OS. You must have heard the issue of high disk usage, or high cpu usage in Windows computers(7, 8 and 10). My question is, why the process that uses that much disk is hidden. This usage can be caused by windows processes or sometimes virus. I would like to know why I can't see which process uses disk when my disk usage is %100. It is more annoying that the most disk using process in the task manager uses 0.1 mb/s and I still have %100 disk usage. My question is not "how to resolve high disk usage". I am asking why windows hiding some processes that we cannot see which program uses that %100 disk which almost freezes the computer. A virus may hide itself but if Windows did show us every program that uses disk, we could be more certain about virus attack because they hide processes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...