Tuesday, January 9, 2018

installation - Windows 8 upgrade to windows 8.1 RTM fails with error code 0x101 - 0x2000C

I have a MSDN Subscription and downloaded Windows 8.1 RTM today.


It fails to install.


After mounting the ISO and installing (with a Windows 8.1 Pro product code), selecting "Keep my apps and settings", it copies all installation files, restarts and then bluescreens at around 50%, then rolls back to the previous version.


System has 64 GB Memory, Supermicro, Xeon E5-1650, Intel SSD, runs Hyper-V, Windows 8 Pro.


What may be causing this and how do I fix it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...