Thursday, January 18, 2018

windows 7 - CMD, icons and batch files

I'm trying to keep my scripts and user startups in two different folders, (the ultimate aim to hide the main program scripts)


So I have put the batch files in the script folder, created shortcuts, and placed those in "RunMe"


That works except for one proviso. The "Target" and "Start In" fields both show the drive letter AS RELATING TO MY MACHINE. When I copy folders to a USB Stick, (which is "R:" on my machine) I'm fairly certain the path will not update. More to the point, when I give USB to another end user, the drive letter in shortcut will be hopelessly wrong?


A couple of weeks ago, someone provided a 'drive independent' batch script (%~d0\foldername) ... but as far as I can tell, you can't add an icon to a batch file directly, only to a shortcut. (I want to keep the icons with my 'branding' if poss)


Anyone any workarounds?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...