Saturday, January 27, 2018

linux - Restore bootloader after Ubuntu has been installed

I've installed Ubuntu. Windows doesn't boot anymore and doesn't appear in the GRUB menu. I've tried to install the Windows bootloader via recovery console from a Windows DVD as it's said here.



Bootrec.exe /fixboot

Bootrec.exe /fixmbr


Nothing happened, and GRUB keeps loading Ubuntu. Automatic repair from the Windows DVD failed (didn't give me a readable message, though). I've tried to edit 40_custom script, but couldn't save any changes.



Is there a way to get my Windows back?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...