Thursday, January 18, 2018

windows - Running the command "bochs -q" from Cygwin fails

I'm having troubles to execute the command "bochs -q" from Cygwin.


I have installed the XV6 operation system in my C drive.


I'm using Cygwin in order to compile the XV6 files, that is execute the command "make".


Everything works as expected and my XV6 directory is getting bigger including the compiled files.


Then, as I'm following instructions from the web (https://github.com/guilleiguaran/xv6), I was trying to execute the command "bochs -q" and I got the following error : "bash: bochs: command not found".


I also tried to execute the command "make bochs" which start executes perfectly fine but in the end fails for the same reason as above (bochs: command not found).


I can open bochs directly from the directory "Program Files (x86)" but I would prefer using the shell to do so.


Is it possible that I'm missing something?


Note - I'm using Windows 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...