Monday, January 8, 2018

desktop customization - Setting a scheduled task in Windows 10

I'm trying to set up wallpaper for my Windows 10 laptop. Basically, what should happen is the wallpaper should change to another (specific) image exactly on the hour. To do this, I downloaded this application.


However, I need to set a scheduled task to make it work.


If I manually run the application, then the wallpaper changes to the specified picture, no problem. But setting a task does not work. I'm very new to Windows, so I'm most likely doing it wrong.


Here's what I've got so far:


enter image description here


enter image description here


enter image description here


enter image description here


enter image description here


enter image description here


According to the Task Scheduler, the Next Run Time is 9:05:10 AM today, and the Last Run Time is 8:05:10 today. Both of these are right. But the program didn't run; my background is the same. For Last Run Result, it's giving me 0xE0434352, which I'm pretty sure is not correct (it should be 0x0 if it's successful, right?)


So it looks like the task is triggering, but not running the application.


How can I fix it so it runs properly?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...