Monday, January 22, 2018

deployment - Windows 10 Imaging and Configuration Designer error when trying to start a project

I'm trying to create a new image project following the directions from this link:


https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn916105(v=vs.85).aspx


After clicking "Finish" on step 9, ICD prompts me with the error message in the screenshot below.


ICD Error


I've tried the same steps on multiple computers using Windows 10 and 7, both 32bit and 64bit. I've also rebuilt my Win 10 media using the media creation tool.


I posted the same question on TechNet and was asked to check the ICD.log at c:\users[you user account]\Documents\Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer (WICD)[Project name]. I have multiple project folders from all of my attempts at creating new project. Each folder has an empty 0KB ICD.log file.


So far I haven't received any advice passed that. Are there any additional logs that would be useful to review? Or should I not be using ICD at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...