Saturday, January 27, 2018

hard drive - Choosing bootup HDD?

I have a seagate barracuda 2TB and i believe 7200RPM. In the two computers I tried it on I can boot off of it but a good percentage of the time (today it was 7/8) I CANNOT boot from it. Usually the disk isnt seen by the motherboard but sometimes it is seen and it fails elsewhere


How do I know which HDD is suitable for booting? I called my mobo manufacture for support. They told me the problem is the disk (I tried two seagate barracuda, both had same problems) and I need a lower density disk. But I imagine I may have the problem with a 1TB or even 512gb.


How do I know which HDD is suitable for bootup without fail?


Motherboard: asus p8z68-v lx
Disk ST2000DM001-9YN164

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...