Tuesday, January 9, 2018

windows 7 - Can't see a file that "exists" in Temporary Internet Files

I'm trying to shrink my C: partition, and I'm following the advice in this question:




How to shrink Windows 7 boot partition with unmovable files



I have the same problem of unmovable files, and I've disabled already System Restore, Pagination, Hibernation... and still can't shrink anything my 350GB C: partition that actually only uses 80GB.



I'm following the Event Viewer method explained in that question, I use the shrink option in the Partition Manager and then check the Event Viewer -> event 259.



That event throws this message:



Diagnostic details:





  • The last unmovable file appears to be: \Users\Albert\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows
    \Temporary Internet Files\0AYu0utzFxpSlQ:cJa3UJYivVxT5eSKOsolvCA:$DATA

  • The last cluster of the file is: 0x56f8b5b

  • Shrink potential target (LCN address): 0x159fe49

  • The NTFS file flags are: ----D

  • Shrink phase:



The problem is that when I go to that folder (Temporary Internet Files) there's nothing there (I already deleted them from IE), but I have the folder options to show all hidden and system files.




Is it a super invisible file? If not, why do I get that message in the event viewer?



Any help would be much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...