Thursday, August 31, 2017

windows - How do I troubleshoot random rebooting?


For the past couple weeks, my PC has started having an issue where it randomly reboots. These reboots have happen 1-2 times a day, and have so far always been when I am away from it.


There isn't any discernible patterns I've seen from the reboot timestamps. I've thought it might be related to the power supply going bad, but it is fairly new. Also the fact that it is not rebooting under load, but rather while Idle, seems like it shouldn't be a PSU problem?


I also upgraded to Windows 10 the other day, expecting that to possibly affect/fix the issue, but it still happens regardless.


Here are the two events always generated by the reboot -


http://i.stack.imgur.com/NlWkn.png


http://i.stack.imgur.com/gURa8.png


enter image description here


Is there any way to further debug/troubleshoot what exactly is causing the reboots?


Answer



To be entirely honest, stop error 0x0000001a is not good at all, as Windows has encountered a serious Memory Management error. I would suggest to start out by booting the Memtestx86 CD to see if your RAM is bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...