Thursday, August 17, 2017

windows 7 - Netbook won't boot after using EasyBCD

I have an Asus T91MT netbook on which I used to have Windows 7 Home Premium and Ubuntu 10.10 installed (dual boot).



After trying to upgrade to Ubuntu 11.04, Ubuntu is no longer able to boot, so I tried to uninstall Ubuntu completely and then reinstall it. Following these directions, I tried using EasyBCD to bypass the GRUB2 bootloader so that after uninstalling, it would automatically boot into Windows 7.



However, after doing the "install BCD" step and restarting, I got the following message:




Windows Boot Manager  

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
To fix the problem:

  1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
  2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
  3. Click "repair your computer."

If you don't have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer
manufacturer for assistance.


  File: \Boot\BCD

  Status: 0xc0000098

  Info: The Windows Boot Configuration Data file does not contain a valid OS entry.


I'm currently trying to create a USB stick of the Windows Installation disc but in the mean time, I can only boot from a Ubuntu USB stick.



Is there anything I can do from within Ubuntu to fix this? Or does anyone have any other suggestions/solutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...