Sunday, August 20, 2017

linux - wget terminates unexpectedly

I need to periodically traverse a site to update the server cache. It is a database driven site with very many (thousands of) pages. I use wget to mirror the site locally on the same server, so I use this command:


wget --mirror localhost


After some time it stops suddenly with this message:


HTTP request sent, awaiting response... Terminated


It happens always, but not on the exact same url. And I have tried on another server as well with the same result.


The --debug option does not provide any helpful information, nor does Apache's log file.


What could be the cause of this problem? I suspect some buffer running out of memory etc. Or a stack overflow.


Alternatively, are there other command line tools that can do the same?


It's Wget 1.11.4 on Debian Lenny.


Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...