Thursday, August 10, 2017

Change Windows taskbar toolbars order (sequence) on Win XP


when I create new toolbar on my Windows XP taskbar, it always appears under the 'Language bar' (I have the start menu binded to the left of my screen). Is there a way to change the placement (order) of the newly created toolbar, so it'd for example follow the Quick Launch toolbar, which is right after the START button (START menu at the top)?
Glossary:
Taskbar - an entity that contains toolbars
Toolbar - i. e. a 'Quick Launch' toolbar


Answer



Right click on the task bar and uncheck "lock the taskbar". You should then be free to drag the toolbars around. When you're done, go ahead and lock the task bar again so you don't accidentally move the toolbars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...