Thursday, August 31, 2017

Is is normal for Windows 8 Build 9200 to report "You're using a prerelease version of Windows 8"

When you encounter a compatibility warning, you're redirected to a help topic for more information.



On my Windows 8 Pro x64 RTM, downloaded from MSDN and installed as an in-place upgrade on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, the compatibility help shows




You're using a prerelease version of Windows 8.





when you expand the "What version of Windows as I using?" link.



enter image description here



Is this normal and expected behavior (something that Microsoft neglected to update during the release cycle) or is there something wrong with my install?



enter image description here
enter image description here

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...