Monday, August 7, 2017

Network driver does not work after Windows update KB4480966

I have an Asus PCE-AC88 as WLAN adapter on my PC.
My network driver does not work after the emergency Windows 10 update KB4480966.
It worked initially after the update but after one blue screen of death it finally stopped working after just stopping all 5 to 10 minutes after startup.


Installing the latest drivers for the device did not help in my case.
When looking at the device manager the WLAN device failed with code 10.


Some news coverage on similar issues:
https://mspoweruser.com/microsofts-latest-windows-10-1803-kb4480966-emergency-patch-predictable-causing-major-issues/

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...