Thursday, August 24, 2017

Relation between RAM usage in Task Manager Processes and Performance

Is the amount of ram shown in the performance graph, 5.5 GB in my case :


enter image description here


the sum of the ram used by programs shown in processes :


enter image description here


Somehow I find it hard to believe that those 6MB will amount to 4GB and when I close firefox for example it seems the graph in performance falls down by much more than 830MB.


Is it just an impression, or are the values in Task Manager/Processes systematically lower than real usage ?


Edit.: Here is also the RAMMapp. Paging file is still disabled.


enter image description here

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...