Wednesday, August 23, 2017

windows 7 - Can't shrink partition due to mystery file

My system came with win xp. I installed Win7 in a separate partition, volume E. That was a while ago. I don't need xp anymore and now I want to shrink the C partition so that I can grow E. I deleted most files from C but since the boot manager is there I'm not totally deleting the partition. However I cannot shrink the partition because of a system file that's at the end. FSUTIL reports that the file name is "$LogFile::$DATA". I can't find it using any method I know of, I don't know what it is, but I want to get rid of it. What is it, and how can I delete it or otherwise shrink the partition?
Here's what I have now:


pic1
pic2

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...