Tuesday, August 22, 2017

How to delete an administrator account (Windows 8)?

I use Windows 8 with Windows 7-like GUI, classic shell


I have two administrative accounts: user and Administrator.


I am currently user


Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts\Manage Accounts\Change an Account does not show "Delete" button:


enter image description here


I run cmd with administrative privileges and executed


net user Administrator /active:no


net user Administrator [/DELETE]


Both times I got "The command has completed successfully" message, but Administrator is still visible under Manage Accounts menu.


When I execute these commands again, I get the same message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...