Wednesday, August 16, 2017

extended desktop - Three displays (1920x1200) with one graphics card

I'm using a Zotac GTS250 with two 1920x1200 28" monitors in extended desktop mode.



I need an additional display, so I'm going to buy one more 1920x1200 28", but since GTS250 doesn't support more than two displays, I need a slight upgrade.




The best solution for me is a new graphics card - I'm thinking of an AMD 6850 XFX 1024MB, with two DVI, one HDMI and one DP. I don't need Eyefinity, I just need three displays with the same maximum resolution of 1920x1200 working in extended desktop mode. However I looked on the AMD website and found out that Eyefinity requires at least one display connected through DP, and there is no information about three displays without Eyefinity. Since my displays are DVI and HDMI only, I need a dongle, which is unavailable in my country and I don't have time to wait for its delivery.



Can I use the 6850 with three 1920x1200 displays, connected via DVI-DVI-HDMI? Is there any alternative solution in this situation (three DVI/HDMI displays)?



A second graphics card is not a solution currently because the second PCI-E port on my motherboard works in 1x mode. Would it be a possible solution to use two different graphics cards to solve my problem? I mean, I actually can buy a new motherboard if there is no chance to connect displays. As I said, DVI-DVI-HDMI.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...