Saturday, August 12, 2017

partitioning - Why Both 8GB USB Flash Drives Have Different Integrities?

USB 3.0 SuperTalent Express DUO 8GB recently had its partition corrupted and declared itself "write-protected" and I was told in chat by @sidran32 that this usually means that flash drive gone bad due to writing cycles limit being reached. Having this thumbdrive for over a year being used infrequently, I was in doubt and referred to SuperTalent's support. I was given recovery tool which I executed but it failed first time prompting me to reinsert it. After that, I formatted it with Windows 7 integrated format utility since recovery tool offered to do this as well which was successful.




The problem as I have noticed is with integrity of SuperTalent:



enter image description here



Compare above to SanDisk's Micro Cruzer 8GB:



enter image description here



Am I missing something? Both thumbdrives are of 8GB and have same FAT32 file system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...