Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Unable to burn .iso using Windows Disc Image Burner (Error code: 0x80004005)

When I try to burn a disc image file using Windows Disc Image Burner the burning fails and the Status says "The disc image didn't burn sucessfully because an error occured (Error code: 0x80004005)".


I am using Windows 7, with a Dell Latitude 6250. The DVD Disc I'm trying to use is a Tayo Yuden DVD+R, and the image file was made with imgburn and is 4.11 GB in size.


I tried previously to burn a file folder to this same type of media, and although it burned, part of the disc was unreadable by windows 7. Thus, I've tried creating an .iso and burning it as an image with Windows Image Burner, so that afterwards it could be MD5 checksum verified.


If there are other details needed to answer this question please let me know and I will edit this post with them.


EDIT 11/27: These are unused media. IMGBURN completes verification sucessfully, and I've tested the disc it makes and it seems to be good (but how can I md5 checksum check it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...