Thursday, August 17, 2017

I have some sort of adware that isn't being detected by anything. What should I do?


This started happening a couple of days ago. It's a small and simple form of adware, but it's incredibly annoying. It linkjacks your results on google. For example, if I search for "jobs", the top result is Monster. But if I click it, I get sent to a random spammy site.


I have Microsoft Security Essentials' realtime protection on. I have run a full system scan with it, Avira, Malbytes, and Spybot. None of them pick up anything. There is nothing suspicious in my task list, and no unknown applications or services are starting up with my computer. I have no extensions for chrome running.


What can I do?


Answer



I would try running a scan for outside the OS in case u have a rootkit that could be hidding it self inside the OS.
Heres a link to AVG free bootable virus scan AVG Rescue CD


You could also try flushing your DNS by running the command "ipconfig /flushdns"


if nether of the to work try a system restore.


Last case scenario Back up, format and reinstall.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...