Wednesday, August 23, 2017

wordpress - GCP compute Engine SSH permissions Issue

Hi Everyone i've been banging my head against this issue all day and all the solutions seem to be tackling different SSH issues.



My goal is to connect using FileZilla sFTP into my Google Compute Engine. I'm running a wordpress site there and I need file edit access.



In Terminal When I run :




root@wordpress-1-vm:~# gcloud compute ssh wordpress-1-vm



I get this error:



ERROR: (gcloud.compute.ssh) Could not fetch resource: - Insufficient Permission



I'm using Root user, but I also get this with my personal User which has OWNER access.



What I've tried:




I have payment set up, no problems
I've checked my IAM settings, my user is an Owner. I also added Admin access to compute Engine
I updated the File Permissions to '777' Mentioned HERE
I also get this same error when using Terminal on my local machine, or browser SSH connection from google cloud

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...