Sunday, August 20, 2017

java - Setting JAVA_HOME on Ubuntu 10.x

I'm trying to get the Rhodes framework installed so I can develop Android apps.


This requires that I install the SUN JDK and add JAVA_HOME and JAVA_HOME/bin to path.


I thought I could solve this by editing my bash.bashrc file:



JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java"
export JAVA_HOME
PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin



This still doesn't work, because when I run:



rake run:android



I get a prompt in the console that says the Java bin was not found in my path.


However, running echo $PATH gets me:



usernamee@ubuntu:~$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/home/username/ruby/gems/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java/bin:/home/username/ruby_files/android-sdk-linux_86/tools



What are my options here?


Edit: If the problem is not the export statement, how can I ensure that the Sun JDK is properly installed and that I am, in fact, pointing to the correct path in bashrc?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...