Monday, August 14, 2017

64 bit - Compatibility issue before upgrading Windows 7 64-bit to Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1

I have installed Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate edition on my laptop and now i want to upgrade it into Windows 7 64-bit sp1 Ultimate edition. But installer tells me you cannot upgrade because:





  • You can’t upgrade 64-bit Windows to a 32-bit version of Windows. To upgrade, obtain a 64-bit version of the installation disc, or go online to see how to install Windows 7 and keep your files and settings.


  • 32-bit Windows cannot be upgraded to a 64-bit version of Windows. To upgrade, obtain a 32-bit version of the Windows installation disc.




I'm sure my laptop OS and disc is 64-bit version of 7. How can i upgrade my Windows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...