Sunday, January 15, 2017

windows - Worth upgrading from 5400 to 7200 HDD?

I heard some weird scratching sound coming from the HDD today, kind of sounds like what you hear if you shake up a bottle of coke and then open the lid just enough for air to escape.


I downloaded HD tune and it said that i have a 5400 RPM drive in my laptop. I looked online and found a Western Digital scorpio black for sale at a decent price.


I'm wondering if i'll notice any speed difference between a 5400 drive (with 8MB buffer) and a 7200 one (16MB buffer)? I don't think I've ever had a laptop with faster than 5400 so I wouldn't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...